The competence building courses for advocacy that are now being developed by IFLA form no exception. There are many different requirements and many interested parties. Our Statistics for Advocacy course will need
- solid contents – within a brief format
- several forms of delivery (physical/virtual)
- adaptability to different levels of library development
- adaptability to different languages and cultures
- effective educational design – for the target group(s) in question
The expert meeting now planned for December 8-10 at the IFLA headquarters in the Hague will concentrate on these issues.
We are aiming at a two day workshop (lunch to lunch) with twelve participants, including experts from four continents.