Source: IFLA web site.
Congress track 2: Policy, strategy and advocacy.
Statistics for advocacy
– a capacity building workshop for library associations
This workshop was designed by a working group of IFLAs Statistics and Evaluation Section as a module of IFLA’s Building Strong Library Associations Programme
The Statistics for Advocacy module will cover the following questions:
- Why should we study statistics?
- Which aspects of library work should we focus on?
- How can we collect reliable data?
- How can we interpret the data we have?
- How can we present the data to make our point?
There will be five parallel workshops in groups of 15-20 people.
Languages available will be English, Spanish, Russian and Chinese.
Please register for the workshop before July 15th, 2010 via http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D5LVTXS
School of Business, Economics and Law (Handelshögskolan)
University of Gothenburg
SE 405 30 Gothenburg
How to get there:
From the convention centre:
- Take Tram no. 2 from the stop Korsvägen position E, going in the direction Högsbotorp. (This tram takes you all the way in 15 minutes.)
- Get off at stop “Handelshögskolan”. The School of Business, Economics and Law (Handelshögskolan) is the white building on your right.
- When getting off the tram turn back in the direction you have just come. Walk to the street corner (100 m) and turn left. Walk to the main entrance (75 m).