Practical details here.
There may be some minor adjustments before Gothenburg. Afterwards we will do a final edit based on participant responses. But the main job is completed.
The Staff Manual now consists of
- an introduction describing the aim of the course and guidelines for planning
- a course plan with short descriptions of each of the workshop sessions
- a set of lecture notes – for sessions C, D, E and F – linked to the plan
- a set of case materials (statistical examples) – linked to the lecture notes
- a set of exercises – linked to the lecture notes
All materials are (or will be) available on the web:
- The introduction + course plan – the most stable part of the manual – are published as one file.
- The lecture notes – which may change somewhat from course to course – form a separate file. Case materials and the exercises are published as several small files – linked to the lecture notes.
- The Student Manual prepared for Gothenburg has a different introduction, but sections 2-5 are the same as in the Staff Manual.
The Student Manual includes an Appendix with a variety of supporting materials and documents:
- Information about the BSLA program
- IFLA’s manifesto on library statistics
- The first section of the paper by Sawaya et al. (2009) Building library staff capacity to advocate successfully leads to sustainable libraries.
- Five indicator sets. Technical note.
- Collecting visitor statistics. Technical note.
- Printouts of the PowerPoint slides (to be added)
- Copies of self assessment tools (to be added)
- Printouts of the evaluation questionnaire (to be added)