The second SFA course this year will be held in Brasov in late June. The final program has just been published.
Picture: girl from Maramures
Statistics for library director
Braşov, 24-25 of June, 2013, Auditorium of „Transilvania” University
The course is presented by Mr. Tord Høivik, Associate Professor (emeritus) at Oslo and Akershus University College for Applied Sciences, Oslo, Norway, Secretary of IFLA Statistics and Evaluation Section
The purpose of this course is to presents methods of collecting data and use of statistics in order to create useful tools for library management and to obtain financial support for library activities. The course is organized by Romanian Library Association and the IFLA Statistics and Evaluation Section, as part of IFLA’s BSLA program.
Monday, 24th of June
- 8.30 – 9.00 Participant registration
- 9.00 – 9.30 Opening speeches:
- Prof. dr. Mircea Regneală – președinte ABR
- Prof. dr. Liliana Rogozea – prorector Universitatea Transilvania
- Prof. dr. Angela Repanovici – președinte secțiunea Cultura informației, ABR
- 9.30-10.20 Opening session – Prof. Tord Høivik
- 10.20-11.20 Why should we study statistics?
- 11.20-12.00 Coffee break
- 12.00-13.00 Which aspects of library work should we focus on?
- 13.00-15.00 Lunch
- 15.00-16.15 How can we process data?
- 16.15-17.15 Statistics regarding the usage of electronic resources – dr. Robert Coravu, ROMDIDAC
Tuesday, 25th of June
- 9.00 – 9.50 How can we collect data?
- 9.50-10.45 Observe your users!
- 10.45-11.00 Cofee break
- 11.00-12.10 How can we present data?
- 12.10-13.10 Final session
- 13.30-14.30 Lunch
The support materials are available online at: