A timeline for our work with Statistuics for Advocacy (SFA). Events before the first pilot workshop, including a brief history of the Global Statistics project, are documented here.
- June 24-25. Romanian Library Association (ABR) and IFLA SES, Brasov, Romania. Statistics for advocacy.
- April 19. IATUL, Cape Town. Regional statistical workshop.
- October 18. Vestfold, Norway.Vestfold County Library and Samstat. Start med statistikk.
- September 25. Olsztyn County Library, Poland. Statistics for advocacy
- July 2. Kampala, Uganda. Makerere University Library and IFLA SES. Statistics for Advocacy
- May 25. Østfold, Norway. Østfold County Library and Samstat. Start med statistikk.
- March 7-8. Mid-term meeting of IFLA SES in Berlin
- February 7. Oslo Airport Hotel, Norway. Five counties in Central Norway and Samstat. Start med statistikk.
- January 9. Porsgrunn, Norway. Telemark County Library and Samstat. Start med statistikk.
- Workshops will be run in a number of countries followed by assessment a few months later.
- The educational resources
- will be translated into several major languages
- will be put on an e-learning platform
- Other countries may use the teaching materials to run their own workshops.
- Oct. 17-18. Drammen, Norway. Buskerud County Library and Samstat. Two add-on modules to SFA.
- October 10. Drammen, Norway. Buskerud County Library and Samstat. Start med statistikk.
- May 31. Drammen, Norway. Buskerud County Library and Samstat. Start med statistikk.
A large course with 65+ participants was held in Lithuania
- August. IFLA (Gothenburg) launched Building Strong Library Associations Program (BSLA) – with SFA as one of the modules
- IFLA will select one country in each of three regions – Africa, Asia, Latin America & Caribbean – to run BSLA workshops with practical and financial support during 2010-11.
- August 12: Second pilot workshop (Gothenburg)
- The workshop was hosted by planned by a working group consisting of Ulla Wimmer (Germany), Colleen Cook (US), Wanda Dole (US) and Tord Høivik (Norway)
- July. Draft discussed at IFLA Trainers’ meeting in the Hague.
- June. Revise and complete operational version of module
- May 28. First pilot workshop, with eleven participants, during the 2nd QQML 2010 international conference in Chania, Greece (Crete), May 25-28
- Start med statistikk is the Norwegian name for Statistics for advocacy.
- Samstat is a Norwegian network for library statistics.